Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It's all giving you away. Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self-portrait. Everything is a diary.
-Chuck Pahlaniuk Diary:A Novel

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home Again

After eight fantastic days in Hawaii I'm finally back in my home, sweet home. The past month has been an wonderful onslaught of family; two weeks in Indy, over a week in Hawaii, and I've loved every minute of it.

Milo and I flew home by ourselves on Friday as Carrie had to come back early for work. I was really anxious about taking a five hour flight with just the two of us. Milo has plenty of travel miles under his belt but most of them came when he was younger and more docile. These days he is a roaring toddler on his way to the 'terrible two's' and while the past couple of flights we took with him have been decent, they also were a bit contentious. Luckily we had an empty seat next two us and a really nice man in the window seat so we made it through those five hours intact. He didn't sleep a wink and had a diaper blowout peeing all over his pants and shirt, luckily I had a backup onesie packed.

(At this point I'd like to interject how terrible United is for flying with a family. They don't allow pre-boarding for small children so you have to wait and wait in the aisle. I was in the final boarding group so there was no overhead space next time my seat, my bag was rows away making negotiating the bag and the baby really tough. Also, the bathrooms had no changing tables! I had to change him on top of the toilet seat. It was rough. So stay away from United if you have small kids.)

I was so anxious for the flight I didn't really get sad about leaving Kona until we were up in there looking at the gorgeous island. I miss it already. Paradise indeed.

So I'm back to the grind rustling up work, practicing, and rehearsing. The next few weeks are pretty busy with Mistah Tyrell and I have some other projects I'm looking forward to.

And how about Obama?! Those thinking he would change nothing must be surprised by his direct overturning of several Executive Orders from the Bush administration. I'm glad Gitmo is closing, the latest is tougher EPA guidelines for emission rules here in California and elsewhere. Finally headed in the right direction!

3 comments:

Special K said...

Do you watch 30 Rock? They made a joke about Michael Buble a couple of episodes ago - really funny.

OBAMA!

Lyman said...

Yeah, I caught that. He also sang a song the last episode that was pretty funny.

KHM said...

Rob and I had a big guffaw at that Buble joke!