Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It's all giving you away. Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self-portrait. Everything is a diary.
-Chuck Pahlaniuk Diary:A Novel

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lyman's Best of 2008: Movies

My movie watching took a huge dive this year. I hardly saw anything. And I always have a hard time with my year-end movie lists because the best movies are technically released at the end of the year but are not released to the general public until early the next year before Oscar time. 'There Will Be Blood' is probably the best thing I saw this year, but it actually came out in 07. But here are my thoughts on the best of o8:

1. Dark Knight Returns
You expected something else?

2. Iron Man
Dark Knight was only slightly better

3. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
I saw this in the theaters and again on a plane over the summer. It was just as funny on a 6 inch x 5 inch screen ... that's the true test of a good movie.

4. JLA: The New Frontier
Seriously, I'm not typically a huge fan of comic book movies, but there were just some damn good super hero flicks this year. New Frontier is an animated movie you can catch on Cartoon Network that is really great; the story, the voice-acting, the animation style, everything.

5. Rachael Getting Married
Saw this one last week, dug it except for all of the hand-held camera stuff which made me nauseous (of course). There is some good stuff here every family can relate to.

Honorable Mentions: Tropic Thunder, The Hulk

Now head over to Top Five and tell us your favorite movies of the year.

1 comment:

KHM said...

yeah---I don't think I saw five movies this year :-/ poor me. I *did* love Forgetting Sarah Marshall but the guy sitting next to me was having flatulence issues...